Online Non-Academic Courses
Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College's On-line Instruction Center (OLIC) currently offers more than 200 non-academic courses for personal, professional, and continuing education purposes only, in the areas of the Internet, Computer, Certification Preparation, Design and New Media Certification, Test Preparation, Health Care, Legal, Entrepreneur/Business, Personal Enrichment, Business Administration/ Management, and Writing.
After completing on-line registration, students will shortly receive e-mail confirmation of enrollment. BE SURE TO PRINT OUT A COPY of this confirmation and follow the instructions carefully, especially the mandatory requirement for completing the on-line orientation before the class start date, as well as the requirement to supply the requested demographic information (birth date, reasons for enrolling, etc.) which Southern is required to track. This information is gathered for collective statistical purposes, and will not be released to other parties.
Students will not be permitted access to the classroom until they have completed the orientation.Fees may be paid either in person, by mail, or by telephone. Southern's Business Office accepts cash, checks, money orders, and credit cards.
- In Person - Please bring a copy of the e-mail Confirmation Notice to Southern's Business Office. The confirmation notice contains the identifying information which Southern is required to track for statistical purposes.
- By Mail - Make check or money order payable to Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College. A copy of the Confirmation Notice must be included with any mail-in payments, and must contain the identifying information(birth date, reason for enrolling in the course, etc.,) which Southern is required to track for statistical purposes. Please mail to Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College, ATTN: Workforce Development, P. O. Box 2900, Mount Gay, WV 25637-2900.
- By Telephone - Please have the e-mail Confirmation Notice available. The confirmation notice contains the necessary identifying information which Southern is required to track for statistical purposes. You may phone the Workforce Development Office at 304.896.7434.
Payment must reach Southern's Business Office at least seven (7) working days before the start date of the class(es). Students will not be granted access to the class until payment has been received, except in the case of 3rd party payments as addressed above.REFUNDS:
- No refunds are available for course fees after the start date of the class. It is the student's responsibility to contact Workforce/Continuing Education for OLIC details before the class start date to withdraw and request a refund of course fees.
- In the case of textbooks or other materials, it is the student's responsibility to negotiate directly with the source where they were purchased, for any return or refund.
Textbooks or other materials are required for the course(s), students should make arrangements to obtain them from sources suggested by the instructor in time for the class. For convenience to the student, instructors usually provide direct links from their course descriptions to Amazon or other on-line sources for particular books. Due to current space limitations, Southern bookstores do NOT carry the textbooks for On-line Instruction Center courses.
For other general information about our on-line courses, please refer to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on the home web page of our On-line Instruction Center. For information not provided by the FAQ section, please refer to the Contact section for the appropriate source of help.
Students must register on line. Part of the on-line enrollment/orientation process requires a student to select his own password in order to access the class(es). Unlike some other courses at Southern, the College does not assign passwords for classes offered through the On-line Instruction Center. Please read the following directions before registering for the on-line courses:
- Click on the link below which will take you to the On-line Course site.
- When you enter the On-Line Course site, scroll down and click once on Online Courses.
- Next, scroll down the page and click once on the department name of courses to be viewed (Internet, Computer, Legal, etc.).
- Click on the specific course for detailed descriptions, course syllabus, requirements, and instructor biography information.
- After reviewing the course information, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Register for this course.
- Carefully read and follow the instructions in completing the information requested, then click on the Submit button.
NOTE: If a third party (employer, agency, etc.) is paying the course fee on behalf of the student, the student must enter the name of the payer in the Organization‚ line of the on-line registration form. In any event, payment or the payer's promissory letter must reach Southern's Business Office not later than 7 working days before the start of class unless special arrangement has been made in advance between the payer and the OLIC Program manager.
PROCEED TO COURSES: On-Line Courses