Strategic Planning and Financial Review Committee
The strategic planning process at Southern is a comprehensive, integrative and inclusive mechanism to develop a “living” document for addressing institutional strategic development. The Strategic Planning and Financial Review Committee is charged development and review of the institutional strategic planning process and plan. The strategic planning process at Southern is a comprehensive, integrative, and inclusive mechanism to develop a “living document” incorporating, but not limited to, the institutional Compact, Ten-year Master Facilities Plan, Enrollment Management Plan, regional and specific accreditation guides, and budgetary development processes. Any individual or group is encouraged to actively participate in the strategic planning process and to make recommendations for change or modification of the plan by submitting recommendations in writing to the Strategic Planning and Financial Review Committee.
The Strategic Planning and Financial Review Committee submits policy recommendations to the Executive Council.
The Chair and Vice Chair shall be elected by the committee members.
The committee is comprised of fifteen (15) members and no ex-officio members:
- Accreditation Liaison Officer
- Administrator – one (1) – appointed by the President
- Classified Staff – four (4) members elected by classified staff – one (1) from each campus: Boone/Lincoln, Logan, Williamson, and Wyoming/McDowell
- Classified Staff Council Chair
- Director of Institutional Effectiveness
- Faculty – four (4) members elected by division faculty – one (1) from each academic division: Applied and Industrial Technology; Healthcare and Business; Social Sciences, Education, and Non-traditional Programs; and University Transfer
- Faculty Senate Chair
- Student Representative to the Board of Governors
- Vice President for Finance and Administration
- 14 Voting Members; Quorum = 8 (50% + 1); [Committee Chair is a non-voting member except in the case of a tie vote; Vacant positions not counted for quorum.]