Facilities and Safety Committee
The committee will be responsible for submitting recommendations to the Executive Council in planning for the acquisition, allocation, maintenance, alterations to and use of physical and financial resources of the College, including but not limited to buildings, grounds, and equipment for all campuses and other locations owned and/or operated by the College. (The Executive Council recommended and President’s Cabinet approved for this committee to revise its purpose to include more information regarding safety.)
The Facilities and Safety Committee will submit recommendations to the Executive Council.
The Chair shall be elected by committee members. He/she shall have been employed by Southern for two full years prior to serving as Chair. The Vice Chair shall be elected by committee members.
The committee is comprised of fourteen (14) members and five (5) ex-officio non-voting members.
- ADA Compliance Officer for Students
- Director of Campus Operations – Boone/Lincoln
- Director of Campus Operations – Logan
- Director of Campus Operations – Williamson
- Director of Campus Operations – Wyoming/McDowell
- Faculty – four (4) faculty member elected by division faculty – one (1) from each academic division: Applied and Industrial Technology; Healthcare and Business; Social Sciences, Education, and Non-traditional Programs; and University Transfer
- Lincoln County Location Representative
- Manager of Business and Auxiliary Services – Logan Campus
- Manager of Business and Auxiliary Services – Williamson Campus
- Manager of Physical Plant II
- Student Services Representative – Appointed by the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Student Services
Ex-officio Non-voting Members
- Chief Information Officer
- Vice President for Academic Affairs and Student Services
- Vice President for Development
- Vice President for Finance and Administrative Services
- Vice President, Workforce and Community Development
- 13 Voting Members; Quorum = 8 (50% + 1); [Committee Chair is a non-voting member except in the case of a tie vote; Vacant positions not counted for quorum.]