Curriculum and Instruction Committee
The committee will focus on curricular issues of the College and be responsible for submitting recommendations to the Management Council of Academic Affairs and Student Services. Recommendations pertaining to starting new academic programs or discontinuing existing programs shall be reviewed by the Executive Council prior to presentation to the Board of Governors. Responsibilities of the Curriculum and Instruction Committee include continuous review of curricula to ensure that all new and existing academic programs and/or courses provide quality learning experiences in a coherent manner. The scope of the committee will include curriculum development as well as instructional delivery. The committee will establish procedure, format, and deadlines for curricular changes presented to the committee.
The Curriculum and Instruction Committee will submit recommendations to the Management Council for Academic Affairs and Student Services.
The Chair shall be elected by committee members. He/she shall have been employed by Southern as a faculty member for two full years prior to serving as chair. The Vice Chair shall be elected by committee members.
The committee is comprised of nine (9) members and six (6) ex-officio non-voting members:
- Faculty – eight (8) members elected by division faculty – two (2) from each academic division: Applied and Industrial Technology; Healthcare and Business; Social Sciences, Education, and Non-traditional Programs; and University Transfer
Total Membership 9
- Director of Institutional Effectiveness
- Student Program Advisor – four (4) – one from each campus
- Vice President for Academic Affairs
- 8 Voting Members; Quorum = 5 (50% + 1); [Committee Chair is a non-voting member except in the case of a tie vote; Vacant positions not counted for quorum.]